For many, Mid year reviews happen in the month of Sept when your horrible boss sits with you and in the name of performance discussion tells you all the things you have done wrong in the last 6 months. This is the same for me as well.
But hey! here, I am not an employee with KRAs and KPIs, I am a blogger with just my random thoughts and opinions in life. We do things a little different here.
Half the year has gone by!! Time does really fly by. It was New Year just yesterday and I was dying to go to office in the morning and I still had to go and be a Zombie (I mean this in the most literal way!!)
I guess it is time to look back and think of all the wonderful and few sad things that have happened so far in 2016
- I turned 24 : I love my birthday! It comes quite early in the year and I now have to wait another 7 months for it again. So far 24 has been wonderful
- Blog : I started blogging and to be honest, I never thought I would actually get so far in this Blog thing. I have learnt to enjoy it and although in between I kinda stopped, I am making an effort to get back to it. I feel really good when I look back and read all the things I have written so far
- Savings : I started saving every month. Although it does get spent here and there, it is still a start. Nothing can beat the happiness of telling mom that there is money in the account, use it when you want to (I managed to fly her to and back from Mumbai..I don’t mean to brag or anything..Still..I did it!!)
- Credit Card : Ok this is a blessing in disguise for sure, but it does suck sometimes..My credit card got blocked and I have made a conscious decision to not to unblock it (aaahhh!!! the pain!!! it hurts!!!).
- Loan : I now pay off my student loan every month. Again, it is not full amount cause I cannot afford that. It is still a start. (Whhhyyyyy??Why god Why??!!!)
- Relationships : This includes all kinds go relationships – with my mom, friends, AB, bro, other family – everyone! Things with my mom have definitely got much closer. Some friendships broken, some new ones made (both are worth it, I miss the old ones, I treasure the new ones). We hit rock bottom (Me and AB) but are now figuring things out and working on it, we are in it for the long run. My equation with my brother are going through ups and downs, still trying to figure it out. I am trying to make an effort with the rest of my family, I try to call them once in a while.
- My people : 2 of the most important people in my life moved back home to Mangalore, making things really boring in Bangalore
- Work & home : Things with work have also gone through ups and downs. Home is good, but mom has been falling sick a lot and my brother wants to move to Australia for studies, which brings me to my next point
- Moving : One of the biggest and quite a tough and conflicted decisions in my life was to choose whether to continue in Bangalore or move back home. Mom wanted me home, my friends are back at home, I can save a lot back at home, I have been away from home for 4 years now – It is time to go back! (Although it means I have to say goodbye to living by myself and having no one to answer)
- Me : I have learnt a lot about myself in the last few months. I have become a lot more confident than before, have more self-esteem, become much more refined. More importantly found out who I am and what makes me special and to be happy in life and make people around me happy a well. (I dare you to ask “Say something about yourself”, Go ahead!)